You read the headline correctly: I have in my greedy little hands a recipe for the most delicious (and healthy) breakfast sundae.
The idea for this breakky treat came to me on the weekend when I went to make my usual bowl of muesli, but inside was craving something much more decadent.
While this ‘sundae’ looks super fancy (if I do say so myself) it is also super easy to make and you can easily change it up to include more of the stuff you like.
I won’t tease you anymore; here is the recipe for my berry muesli sundae. You’re welcome x
- Muesli of your choice. I like a mix from The Muesli Bar that includes untoasted rolled oats, dried apples, cranberries and pears, and a mixture of nuts and seeds.
- Yogurt of your choice. I only use Farmers Union light Greek yogurt because I love the stuff.
- A mixture of berries of fruit. I used frozen raspberries and blueberries for this sundae.
- 1/3 cup desiccated or shaved coconut
- ¼ cup chai seeds
- Maple syrup or honey to drizzle
Get yourself a nice cup, glass or jar to serve your sundae in. This is the perfect chance to release your inner hipster and go all out with a très chic mason jar.
Start with a layer of muesli, add some chai seeds, then a little coconut. Next, layer in some yogurt before adding some berries. Then repeat until you reach the top of the glass.
Top it off with a final dollop of yogurt and then decorate with berries and shaved coconut.
Drizzle some maple syrup or honey over the top and voila!