The end of the month coincided with the end of another year, making it the perfect time for some reflection. 2014 was a year full of highs and lows, love, loss and friendships, a year for trying new things and facing new challenges, and a year of learning.
December saw the culmination of all these things packed into four very busy final weeks and, among all the chaos of the holidays, I wanted to share what I am thankful for…
- Goals. I started last year with quite a few goals in mind for my work, my personal life and this blog. The final month of the year saw many of those goals achieved and I finished the year with a real sense of accomplishment. But a new year brings with it new goals to work towards and I am excited for what 2015 might bring.
- Travel. In December I spent more time away from my home than in it. It was a month for road trips and adventures, with the holidays taking us up to the NSW Mid-North Coast and all the way down to the bottom of the South Coast; but after all that driving I am happy to be back home.
- Aperol spritz. One of the great things about summer is the hot days providing the perfect excuse for sipping cocktails to stay cool. A personal favourite is the Aperol spritz, which we first discovered a few years ago in Italy. This colourful concoction is the perfect summer drink and a family favourite.
- Josh Pyke. The delightful bearded gentleman’s tunes were constantly coming out of the car speakers on our long drives. I have been a fan of Mr Pyke for years and his music makes me ridiculously happy.
- Sunny days. The last month brought with it the start of summer, which meant sunshine and summer fun. My families and I hit the beach as much as we could, went for long walks, and spent many hours on balconies cooling down with a few drinks. The summer weather was incredibly welcome and I am excited we still have at least two more months of sunshine to enjoy.
- Thongs. I essentially lived in my black Havianna thongs for the final weeks of December and loved every minute of it!
- Friends. December was a month for catching up with friends, old and new. I was reunited with some of my friends from high school, saw friends I hadn’t seen in years and had lots of catch-up’s before the Christmas break.
- Boxing Day sales. The December sales were superb and I picked up some gems from Witchery, two dresses from Gorman clothing and some workout gear from Bonds. Now I will be starting the year in style! What bargains did you pick up?
- New year. I am excited for a new year and a fresh new start. For the first time in a long time my next few months aren’t all planned out. I have some exciting things to look forward to, but I am also excited for the freedom of weekends full of possibilities.