Guys and gals, I really don’t want to freak you out…but, did you realise there are only 38 days of summer left?
I know, right! It feels like summer just got here in Australia and now that keen bean called autumn’s already knocking on the door.
Spurred on by a fear of missing out I have compiled a list of the things I want to experience before the end of summer:
- Kick back and have a relaxed Australia Day
- Travel to Melbourne to see the Foo Fighters in concert
- Walk to the Kingston Foreshore for cocktails overlooking the lake
- Finish eating all the mango cheeks I froze in December when they were plentiful
- Head to the outdoor cinema by Lake Burley Griffin to see Birdman
- Drive around town with the windows down on a super hot summer’s day
- Swim whenever and wherever possible
- Finally take part in the Canberra Colour Run
- Paint my nails bright colours just because I can
- Eat bowls of salad and fruit before they go out of season
- Make the most of this sandal weather before it is back to black tights
- Enjoy all this abundant light and photography the crap out of everything
- Drink all of the iced coffees
- Hit up the National Multicultural Festival and sip sangria while people-watching
- Dine alfresco for brunch at Penny University
- Become a true Canberran by walking up Mount Ainslie to look out over the city
- Crack open a bottle of bubbles to enjoy on the balcony as a summer storm rolls in
I hope you liked my little list and I would love to know what you are hoping to achieve in these final glorious weeks.