Here’s the first I am thankful for post of 2015 and it’s a big one. The new year decided to test me early on and right from the start January was a roller coaster month of emotions.
After just coming to terms with the loss of our grandmother, my little family was hit hard with the sudden passing of my uncle. With our grief still so raw this was hard news to take. It is still difficult to wrap my head around and I think this time in our lives will be remembered sharply for many years to come. But in sadness there is always joy to be found and I was lucky enough to see my wonderful extended family again and meet the newest addition at just three days old. The time spent with them was full of love and laughter and I know as a family we are stronger than before.
Since those early days, January has improved for me. I’m back at work and loving it, busy with the blog and loving it, and making time to see good friends which is always lovely. So here is what I am thankful for…
- Family. Once again I am thankful for this family I have been lucky enough to be born into. I am surrounded by amazing people and I feel so fortunate to be able to call them my own. I am also ridiculously thankful for my husband who kept me sane and smiling through all the highs and lows of the past two months. He is an absolute gem (but don’t tell him I said that or I will never hear the end of it).
- Destination. In a few months time I will be heading to Hawaii with the family for a wedding and it has been so great to have such a lovely thing to look forward to. I’ve been busy booking flights and hotel and counting down the days.
- Challenge. I set myself a goal recently to complete the Lorna Jane Fit Challenge and that has been such a big help in keeping my mind focus and my spirits up. I’ve been pushing myself more to be active and am trying to master the art of (somewhat) clean eating with the occasional pastry and chocolate thrown in for good measure.
- Skin care: I really love my Go-To Skin Care because my skin has never looked or felt better. This past month I have really noticed a difference in the softness and complexion of my skin, I haven’t had any breakouts and there might even be a hit of a glow!
- Lists. Of course a list had to be included somewhere in this list. A few weeks ago I put together a list of things I still wanted to do this summer and have been quickly ticking things off. Some of the things still to do include travelling to Melbourne for the Foo Fighters concert, heading to the outdoor cinema by Lake Burley Griffin and hitting up the National Multicultural Festival.
- Reunions. One of the highlights of this month for me was the baby shower of a dear friend not only because it was a marvel seeing the world’s most gorgeous pregnant lady, but because it was also a good excuse to catch up with some good friends I don’t get to see nearly often enough. Lots of laughs were shared and cocktails consumed.
- Yoga. After a few weeks off with the holidays and then unexpected travel, it was great to return to yoga and get straight back into those shoulder stands (although my body wasn’t so thrilled the next day).
- Instagram. I love Instagram for inspiration, ideas and making new friends. In January I was lucky enough to have a few of my images featured by accounts like @thebodybook and @gotoskincare. If you’re not following me on Instagram feel free to check out @littlelistofmine and say hi!