(…and why you should too!)
I really could just say that Go-To Skin Care is the most amazing skin care line in the whole entire world and it looks super pretty and you will smell super pretty after using it, but I get the feeling you might want a few more actual details about the products before you make up your own mind.
Go-To Skin Care was founded by a goddess of the Australia beauty industry who just so happens to be an author, blogger, beauty expert, wife to the hilarious Hamish Blake, mother to the world’s most Instagrammable baby and all-round amazing human being. *Now I know for most of us mortals that would normally be nauseating, but Zoë Foster Blake actually seems like a super cool chick so we might just need to accept the fact that some people are just born amazing and set that aside.
This talented lady set about creating her own natural skin care line made for ladies like me to use as a base for our skincare regimes. It contains none of the badies found in a lot of skincare lines and all of the goodies that will leave you glowing like the beautiful babe you are.
The range originally launched with five products, which I now own, cherish and use religiously:
- Exceptionoil: This bad boy was my very first Go-To Skin Care purchase and it is still one of my favourite products. It is essentially a do-it-all body oil perfect for nourishing dry skin, softening your hands, making you smell like a million bucks and smoothing out any rough edges.
- Lips!: This handy lip balm goes everywhere with me to keep my lips soft and smoochable. I found it great in tough weather conditions like super windy or cold days for keeping these suckers smooth.
- Properly Clean: This deliciously foaming cleanser is soft on my skin and gently gets rid of any nasties without drying my face out. I use this cleanser every single day (yes I take it and all the products with me when I travel) – once a day during my morning shower and again most nights before I go to bed.
- Exfoliating Swipeys: While I use my other products daily, these swipeys are recommended for use only a few times a week. The facial pads have been soaked in a natural solution that acts as a chemical exfoliant to remove dead skin cells, hydrate the skin and get it ready to soak up all the good things still to come.
- Very Useful Face Cream: This has become my daily moisturiser, and as well as smelling entirely edible, it is packed full of antioxidants, and replenishing oils and butters. Super easy to use and super effective.
Recently a new item was added to the mix and for someone like me who had been using rosehip oil as a serum for ages now it was a dream come true:
- Face Hero: This amazing face oil is made up of 10, that’s right 10, rich plant and nut oils including almond, jojoba, macadamia, Brazil nut and rosehip oils. Throw in some Vitamin E and natural fragrances of orange blossom and rose gardenia and you have the best skin care product in town. Face Hero is my go-to serum now and I use a few drops each morning after cleaning my face and a more generous amount at night before I go to bed. Love it, love it, love it!
So those are the Go-To products, which you might have seen before in my Instagram feed or in photos shared on the Little List Of Mine Facebook page. But why do I love them so much?
Since using Go-To Skin Care my skin has become ridiculously soft and supple (thank you Mrs Foster Blake and co). My skin is also cleaner than ever before and I get much less break outs or irritations.
Because my skin is now practically glowing most days I have found myself using less make-up as well, especially because there’s not much I really need to cover up these days. I stick to a little primer and foundation just to ensure an even tone, but then focus the rest of my efforts on making my eyes and eyebrows pop.
My husband has also commented that I no longer come to bed after my nightly skin care ritual smelling like an old lady and if that’s not enough to convince you then I don’t know what is!