Once again, and all too quickly, another month has come to an end and it is time for me to reflect on the month that was.
February continued in the vein of January with so much happening, good and bad. It was a month of celebration, travel, birthday and plans. Basically it was a busy but great month and here is what I am thankful for…
- Being an Aunty. I love my new role of Aunty Joni. My nephew is adorable and such a happy baby and genuinely doesn’t seem scared of me so it is a win win! It is so amazing seeing his personality starting to develop and I am so happy I will get to be a part of his life as he grows into a proper little person.
- Melbourne. We recently spent the weekend in Melbourne visiting my sister-in-law, her husband and the gorgeous nephew mentioned above and had a blast as usual. We ate way too much delicious food at Hellenic Republic, walked all over Brunswick, visited markets and even tried ice cream macarons for the first time.
- The Walking Dead. Oh good god I love this series so much! My brother gave me seasons 1 and 2 for Christmas and since then I have power-watched seasons 3 and 4. It is amazing television and I am so excited to start season 5. My only concern is that if they kill off Daryl I may have to hurt someone…
- Pop Basic. In February I bought the world’s most comfortable stripy dress from Pop Basic and basically ensured a whole new love affair with online shopping. I also got my hands on their amazing grey and rose gold clutch. #noregrets
- Farewells. This month I did have to say goodbye to an awesome lady who has left for a new adventure in the UK. It’s hard saying goodbye to good friends (especially when you are in denial about them actually leaving you) but we are so lucky that in this day and age we have so many ways to keep in touch – Facebook, Instagram, email, messages, SnapChat, Twitter…the list goes on and on.
- Multicultural Festival. The one good thing about this particular farewell is it was perfectly timed with one of my favourite times of the year – the National Multicultural Festival. So we basically ate our way through every meat on a stick option you could think of and drank sangria and cider to make it all okay.
- Hawaii. The countdown for Hawaii is well and truly on with only two months to go! Would love any suggestions or ideas of what we should see, do, try and taste while we are there.
- The Kellermans. Two of my favourite authors, Faye and Jonathan Kellerman, happen to be happily married to each other and they both has recently released new books, so I have been catching up on my crime fiction this month.
- Outdoor cinema. We did have a little date night in February to see Birdman at an outdoor cinema by Lake Burley Griffin. It was such a fun atmosphere and I love the idea of sitting in a big bean bag chair while people bring you pizza and Ben and Jerry’s ice cream while you watch a movie under the stars. This is definitely on the list to do again!
- Perfume. I am lucky enough to have a small collection of beautiful perfumes, some that love ones have gifted me and some I chose myself. I like different perfumes for different moods and situations, but I love them all equally….except for the Chanel…I love the Chanel the most!