Winter is coming…
As well as being a great excuse to use one of my favourite lines from Game Of Thrones, it’s also a very real observation. In just five weeks winter will officially hit and it will be time to batten down the hatches and hibernate until spring.
Factoring in our two-week holiday to the tropical isles of Hawaii and we’re down to just three weeks of autumn. Three weeks!
I’ve managed to cram in quite a lot so far this season, but there is still a lot I want to do in Canberra before it is officially winter:
- Have brunch alfresco style before it’s too cold, even in the middle of the day, to sit outside
- Attend the Anzac Day dawn service at the Australian War Memorial
- Try coffee from a new cafe
- Take some awesome photos of autumn leaves before they fade away
- Get a remedial massage
- Eat the hot cakes from the Cupping Room that have been flooding my Instagram feed
- Explore the Old Bus Depot Markets and then walk along the foreshore
- Get to the movies to see the next Avengers movie
- See a Brumbies game before Canberra Stadium freezes over
- Peek into Tocumwal Lane in the city and see the new superhero street art
- Paint my nails before glove season starts
- Catch up with some girlfriends and their babies before they turn into toddlers (the babies, not my friends)
- Walk over to Manuka and explore the new shops
One of the things I had been meaning to do for ages was to revisit the gardens at Old Parliament House. Last weekend I was invited to high tea at this beautiful building so I took the opportunity to arrive early and go exploring. The roses were almost at an end but the autumn colours throughout the garden made it feel magical.
I hope you liked my little list and I would love to know what you are hoping to see, do, try and taste in these final weeks of autumn.