A few days ago I shared my Hawaiian edition of ‘what to take as carry on’ on your flight to the islands. Today I’m sharing my list of items to pack for the holiday itself. So sit back, relax and enjoy the wild ride that is ‘Travel essentials for Hawaii’!
…okay ‘wild’ might be overstating things a bit. Let’s settle for slightly-silly-but-kinda-useful-too!
- Dresses: It is almost summer in Hawaii so I have packed a variety of dresses for almost every occasion. Not only do dresses look great, they are perfect for the humid conditions, are light weight and are essentially an entire outfit in one piece of clothing so they won’t take up much room in my bag. My top picks are a blue cotton Gorman dress, a spotty dream for Zara, a fuchsia maxi and my stripy Le Breton Popbasic dress.
- Sandals: These Windsor Smith Bondi sandals are perfect in their minimalist style. With a soft tan leather the are made for walking and will work with casual outfits or dinner with friends.
- Swimmers: The amazing team at Swimwear Galore helped me get the perfect bikini in no time at all! I love Seafolly’s inked striped two piece set and I can’t wait to lounge by the pool in it, cocktail in hand.
- Lingerie wraps: One of my favourite products from The Silk Bowerbird is the luxe lingerie case. It is perfect for separating your bras and underwear while travelling or even for sorting clean and dirty clothes.
- Mini products: I’ve packed a tiny dry shampoo for keeping my hair in shape between swims, a mini hairspray for styling my hair for nights out and a travel sized deodorant. There’s also some small shampoo and conditioner, a 50ml tub of The Body Shop’s shea body butter, and my travel Dior J’Adore perfume.
- Camera: My camera is going to get quite the workout on this trip! I’m so excited to try and capture the beauty of the islands then share the photos with you all. I bought an extra memory card just in case!
- An appetite for cocktails: Check!
- Jewellery cases: I plan on wearing a little jewellery while I’m away, mainly the occasional statement pieces like my Frankly My Dear amethyst necklace, some cocktail rings and a little arm candy, and I’ll be taking it all safely in my Hard Candy jewellery case and bling box from The Silk Bowerbird.
- Sunscreen: This is a no brainer. I’ve packed a great spray on sunscreen to make sure I don’t spend my vacation hiding in my room from the sun.
- Shirts: Some super soft shirts were the first things thrown into my suitcase in an initial attempt at ‘packing’ and I’m sure they will come in handy. I particularly love Country Road for awesome t-shirts and tops.
- Cross-body bag: I picked up a little black bag from Witchery last year and it is the perfect size for travelling. It’s simple design means it works from morning to night with all sorts of outfits making it extremely versatile – perfect for when you want to pack light.
- Reckless abandon…
*I probably should have declared upfront that my packing has been highly influenced by my desire to shop up at storm at Honolulu. I have big plans to feed my shopping addiction at places like the Ala Moana Centre, so I need lots of space in my suitcase.