One of the top items on my make-up lust list for a long time was the world’s most perfect eyeshadow palette.
Urban Decay Cosmetics’ range of Naked palettes are ridiculously popular, with good reason, but I had my eye specifically on Naked 3 when I travelled to Hawaii for some shopping (and a holiday). First stop, Sephora!
The stylish mirrored compact opens to reveal 12 amazing “rose-hued neutrals”, and comes with a double-ended brush and an Eyeshadow Primer Potion sampler. The brush is a standout all of its own, feels firm but delicate, and blends the shades beautifully.
What made this particular set stand out to me from the previous two palettes was the mix of lighter shades and the fact that, unlike any other eyeshadow set I have owned, I loved each and every single colour.
The gorgeous nude shades come in a range of finishes, from rich metallics through to velvety mattes, and each has it’s very own awesome name.
My favourite shades so far are:
- Liar: a little on the darker side, this metallic mauve has a gorgeous shimmer finish
- Buzz: this is the perfect metallic rose shimmer with silver micro-glitter
- Strange: this is a good base colour and the pale neutral pink has a matte-satin finish
- Dust: I adore this pale metallic pink shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter
- Burnout: this is the next colour up from Dust and the light pinky-peach has a satin finish
- Limit: this is a great neutral light dusty rose in a clean matte finish
I am still to try:
- Darkheart: this smoky black matte with a rosy red micro-sparkle is the most dramatic
- Mugshot: I am intrigued by this metallic taupe shimmer with a slight hint of pink
- Darkside: this is another deep combination of taupe-mauve with a satin edge
- Nooner: this medium pinky-brown matte would be great for a smokey look
- Factory: this pinky-brown is a darker satin shade
- Trick: I am keen to try light this pinky-copper shimmer with tonal micro-sparkle
Do you have a favourite make-up item? What’s at the top of your lust list?