Sticking to my grand plan of taking a moment each month for reflections and thanks, here is my list of what I was thankful for in August…
- Dylan Moran: My husband and I finally saw our favourite drunken Irishman live last month. We have loved Dylan Moran since Black Books and his standup was brilliant. I haven’t laughed that hard in months!
- Gym life: I’m loving going to the gym regularly and trying new classes and learning new techniques. I joined Fernwood Fitness at the end of July with a fitness buddy and we’ve been trying a bunch of different classes; my favourites are BodyPump, Zumba, and a small group session called Amazing Abs that seems to involve a lot of giggles, cursing and healthy competition.
- Urban Decay: One of the top items on my makeup lust list for a long time was the world’s most perfect eyeshadow palette. I blogged last month about the awesome Urban Decay Naked 3 eyeshadow palette and I am still obsessed!
- Wollongong weekend: A recent road trip to celebrate my brother-in-law’s birthday took me to Wollongong for the very first time and I really liked what I saw. We enjoyed sunshine, sand beneath our toes, long lunches, too much wine and great company.
- Lake Burley Griffin walk: With the weather finally turning good there was no excuse not to walk the popular bridge-to-bridge lap of Lake Burley Griffin. Two of my lovely girlfriends and one very cute baby walked with me and I am looking forward to doing this gorgeous walk more often in spring.
- New brows: My favourite brow experts recently set up the Browlab in Canberra’s Braddon precinct. In no time flat I had bold new brows with a killer arch, plus some tinted lashes for those days when I can’t be bothered with make-up.
- Puppies: We seem to be surrounded by gorgeous dogs at the moment. My parents have our grumpy and loveable black Labrador Jack, my brother has two gorgeous (and ridiculously cheeky) pups and my sister has a gorgeous girl named Sailor. We also got to spend last month with our friends’ new Golden Retriever pup Lexie and my husband’s family’s cocker spaniel Ebony. I can’t wait until we can finally have a puppy of our own but they are all so cute I don’t know how I could choose just one!
- Women’s Health Magazine feature: It was a real thrill to see one of my Instagram images featured in the August edition of my favourite Women’s Health Magazine! Thanks to my two lovely friends who let me know about the feature the day the magazine came out.
- Lorna Jane: With regular fitness comes a need for good quality fitness gear. It is important to get the basics right so last month I invested in some awesome new sports bras that keep the ladies in place no matter what class I’m in.
- The Cupping Room: With winter almost finished some colleagues and I headed to The Cupping Room for breakfast to savour the final days of the winter menu. Scrambled eggs. Pialligo Estate bacon. Smashed avocado. Lots of yummy coffee. Random conversation.
What were you most thankful for in August?