It was such a fun weekend, full of countless awesome moments, but here are a few of my favourites:
- Trying Aqua S ice cream for the first time. I went with a sea salt and cola mix topped with fairy floss!
- Surviving the heat on the first day when temperatures soared past 40 degrees.
- Going back to Aqua S with my family that night for more ice cream. This time sea salt with Baileys and a toasted marshmellow.
- Enjoying dumplings and wine outdoors on a summer evening at Din Tai Fung.
- Searching for comics at King Comics.
- Stumbling across an awesome little espresso bar for our daily caffeine fix.
- Ferry rides around Sydney Harbour. The weather had cooled down considerably by day two and there were boats all around us.
- Catching the cable car up to the entry point of Taronga Zoo before making our way down through all the different areas.
- Watching three baby chimpanzees steal the show as they rolled, jumped, wrestled and swung their way around their enclosure.
- Seeing John Travolta while we were looking at the gorillas! He said ‘G’day’ to my husband and father who haven’t stopped talking about it since.
- Finding Pygmy hippos, my favourite type of hippos!
- Catching the ferry under the bridge, past Luna Park, to Balmain Eats for dinner and drinks at The London.
- Checking out the new Kate Spade store and finding the perfect pair of navy studs.
But most of all, I enjoyed catching up with my family who I don’t get to see nearly as much as I’d like. When we are together we often laugh, tease, joke and generally behave like children but we have such a blast doing it!
What do you like to do on family holidays?