A new year has arrived and with it comes the chance for new opportunities, new experiences, new goals and new challenges.
I’ve never been that serious about new year resolutions, but I do love the feeling of a clean slate that arrives with every January 1. It’s a chance to get your head in a positive space, think creatively, take a leap into new territory, be brave and focus on your priorities.
I took some time at the start of 2016 to think about some of the things that are important to me and how I can make them a priority this year:
- Wake up earlier to exercise: Being so busy at the end of last year meant I was constantly tired and the first thing to be sacrificed for more sleep was waking up early to exercise. I loved my morning walks and I am keen to make them a habit once again.
- Move house: Our apartment is on the market and I’m excited about being able to move, set up a new home and live somewhere new. Our little apartment has served us well but it is time for a change.
- Try something new: This applies to so many things but right now I’m focused on trying some new gym classes and developing a new plan of attack for my fitness in 2016. Last year I tried boot camp for the first time and surprised myself by loving it, so I am keen to keep trying new workouts.
- Wear more lipstick: I keep my makeup fairly simple as a general rule but I really want to make an effort to add a little colour with some lippy. Busting out my gorgeous red Chanel lipstick recently for a dinner date inspired this particular pledge.
- Find time to write: In the last few weeks of 2015 I found it so hard to fit in my writing and realistically with things being so hectic the desire to write wasn’t as strong. But I do love putting pen to paper, or more accurately my fingers onto my iPad’s touch screen key pad, so I want to make more time in my life for creativity.
- Make time to read: Along with writing I also need to find time to catch up on my reading. I have always been an avid reader, picking up a new book as soon as I finish another, but life kind of got in the way. I have already started the new Faye Kellerman novel The Theory of Death and have download a few more to my iPad.
- Clean out my wardrobe and nail my style: I’ve been promising to do this for months now but never really found the time, so now I have to make it a priority. Wish me luck!
- Be kind to myself.
I’d love to know, what are your priorities for 2016?