Across the country the seasons are changing and so are women’s wardrobes. It’s time to pack up your t-shirts and bring out your jumpers as we welcome the arrival of autumn.
With the days getting shorter and the nights getting cooler, now is the right time to make sure your wardrobe is fully stocked ahead of the winter chill.
I have created a little hit list of autumn and winter pieces I need/want/must have to complete my wardrobe:
- Top: If you are anything like me you will also need to inject some colour into your dark winter wardrobe, and while I don’t generally wear red, there is just something about this mini blossoms blouse from Trenery that I love.
- Tights: For a totally indulgent experience, the Bonds fleece tights are the perfect winter addition, but for the everyday you can’t go past the Bonds comfy tops slimming opaque tights.
- Heels: I really need some new black pumps to wear to work during winter with my tights and these classic patent gems from Joanne Mercer look perfect!
- Tote bag: This is the only item on my list that I have already purchased but I managed to get it on sale and just couldn’t say no. Decjuba’s Valerie tote comes in one of the season’s hottest colours, burgundy, and is big enough to carry scarves and the extra layers needed to survive the next six months.
- Jumper: I’ll admit, a fold over knit might not be the most practical addition, especially in Canberra, but this one from Witchery is just so damn cute!
- Leather gloves: I’ve been meaning to replace my old leather gloves for a while now after losing one and this black pair from Seed Heritage looks just the ticket.
- Dress: This Trenery Folk Print Dress has been beautifully crafted in a soft viscose twill and features different shades of blue and black. It would look awesome with tights and boots and a neutral jacket.
- Scarf: I own a great scarf from Forever New and love the look of their Nina Oversized Scarf in grey dusk. While I’ve got a few scarves in different prints I really need a neutral addition that goes with just about everything.
- Nighty: The flannel Windowpane print nighty from Country Road in midnight blue looks like the perfect way to stay warm and cosy in bed over the cooler months. On the down side, it might make it even harder to get out of bed!
What clothes do you need for the cooler months? Do you have an autumn wardrobe splurge item you’ve been eyeing off?