- Winter skin prep: With the cold weather finally kicking in after the most deliciously warm autumn, it’s time to get my skin ready for the harshness of winter. That means stocking up on some Exceptionoil and Lips from Go-To Skin Care, some hand cream from The Body Shop and a clear protective coat of OPI nail polish.
- Gritty Pretty: A few weekends ago I was lucky enough to attend a masterclass led by Eleanor Pendleton of Gritty Pretty. It was a wonderful morning full of all things beauty and inspired me to try some new things with my own routine.
- Porridge: There is no better way to start the day when the temperature drops than with a big bowl of porridge. For a quick fix I like Carman’s Honey, Vanilla and Cinnamon packs, which I top with some LSA mix and berries, bananas or pears.
- Flatlays: I’ve been a busy little bee flat-laying like crazy these past few weeks but I also found some time to write a post about my tips to the perfect flat lay. I’d love to know how you style your photos!
- Toni and Guy: One of the tips I picked up from Eleanor’s Masterclass was how to use dry shampoo, a little hair spray and a touch of sea salt spray to create the perfect curls. The Toni and Guy casual hair spray and sea salt spray are new favourites for a strong hold with a natural look.
- Relaxation: After such a busy start to the year it was important for me to make time to just chill. So I wrote a little post to share some of my favourite ways to take a moment for myself to simply relax. I hope the tips inspire you to take time out for yourself.
- Candles: I have two different candles I’m obsessed with at the moment – one is the Songs of Oya love candle and the other is the Therapy Kitchen Chef’s Natural Candle to mask cooking smells with a mix of lemongrass, lime and bergamot.
- Barrio coffee: A few recent trips down Lonsdale Street in Braddon provided the perfect excuse to drop into Barrio Collective Coffee for some of their amazing flat whites. This little cafe has become one of my favourite in the city for out-of-this-world coffee.
- Housesitting: At the start of the month my husband and I ventured to the South Coast for a week of rest and relaxation while housesitting for his parents. It was a glorious week full of exploration, sunshine, puppy cuddles and movie nights.
- Morning walks: With the sun setting so early now it has become impossible to exercise outside after work so I have been trying to get up early for regular morning walks. The ridiculous amount of dogs being walked at that time of day totally makes up for the brisk weather.
I’d love to know, what were your favourite things in May?