I recently made the big switch to a brand new handbag after nine months of lugging around a nappy bag and I couldn’t be more excited! Yep, you read that correctly; that is currently what is considered a momentous day in my household.
All jokes aside, it really felt like a big deal after being tied to my nappy bag for almost a year.
When it came to choosing my new bag I knew exactly what I wanted. A girlfriend of mine had switched to a generous tote bag from Country Road made of Neoprene and I fell in love with the material and the clean style.
I did a bit of research and eventually found the bag of my dreams online at Prene Bags. I couldn’t resist the X Neoprene Tote Bag in Light Grey Marle, but they also have a great selection of other totes, backpacks and clutches.
I decided on neoprene because it’s a soft, lightweight material that you can also chuck into your washing machine, making it super practical. The Prene totes also come with press studs on each end of the bag to manipulate the shape and make the bag smaller or bigger, as well as a magnetic claps in the middle to close it.
So what’s inside:
- Wallet: My very first Kate Spade New York purchase was this classic black wallet while on a holiday in Melbourne and I’ve never looked back. The Cameron Street Lacey is a buttery soft leather wallet with beautiful details.
- Cosmetics Case: A gift from some amazing girlfriends, this beauty case from The Daily Edited was one of the first things to make the cut in my new bag. It is Burgundy, it is beautiful and it is mine (thanks to the powers of monogramming)!
- Hand Cream: If you’re going to have a hand cream in your hand Bag (and you really should), you might as well use the best! I recommend Go-To Skin Care’s Super Handy.
- Nappy Wallet: I was generously given this Melobaby nappy wallet from lovely friend as an alternative to filling up my nappy bag and it has been super convenient. I can fit three nappies in, plus some nappy bags, and it comes with a removable change mat. I also always have some Huggies wipes on hand.
- Lip Gloss: I love MECCA MAX’s Gloss Boss lip gloss in Just Peachy because it’s the perfect pop of colour on the go.
- Sunglasses: I still have these beautiful Country Road glasses, which I blogged about previously here. An absolute must, especially in the sunnier months.
- Toy: I was given this Miann & Co sleepy koala rattle at my baby shower and it is the perfect sized toy to keep in my handbag for emergency entertainment scenarios!
There are also a few odds and ends such as sunscreen, tissues, a St John emergency face shield, keys, one lost hair band, a few bobby pins, and a fantastic Swiss Army card given to me by my dad years ago.
So, what makes the cut in your bag?