This year I am celebrating my second Mother’s Day as a proud mumma and I know exactly what I want from my day!
My first Mother’s Day was all about revelling in the glory of my gorgeous new bubba. I still had that newborn baby adrenaline running through my veins and helping me function on no sleep. I was attached at the hip to my little human and spent the day just enjoying our little family.
This year, my baby boy is bigger, bolder and much more independent so this mum is going solo. While we will spend the morning together as a family, I have decided to cash in a voucher I was given on his first birthday for a massage and facial (best gift idea ever!) and will be enjoying some much needed rest and relaxation.
But massages and spa visits are few and far between, so I wanted to share some of my favourite products for a little at-home pamper session!
- Frank Body Express-O Body Scrub: I love Frank Body scrubs and their new Express-o creation (gifted) is no exception. A steamy hot shower and an all over body exfoliant that smells of almonds, cinnamon and coffee is the perfect way to start any pamper session. Plus, if you are short on time, it can be used on both wet or dry skin!
- Eve Lom cleanser: I got a sample of this world renowned cleanser in my most recent Mecca Beauty Loop and am so excited to give it a try! It comes with a small muslin cloth to help remove “dead skin cells and promote regeneration of new cells”.
- Go-To Skin Care Transformazing face mask: These new sheet masks are phenomenal! They are designed to make your skin “luminous, plump, bright” and they do it quickly. You only need to wear the mask for about 10 minutes but don’t forget to pat all that lovely serum back into your skin for an extra glow.
- Mario Badescu Face Mist: I am loving this facial spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater. It’s perfect for the cool, dry conditions we’re experiencing as we go into winter, plus you can spray it on our day and night creams for a little boost of hydration.
- Go-To Skin Care Face Hero: I love to use my Face Hero as part of my nightly skincare regime, but for days when my skin is a little dry or if I just need a little freshen up I use a bit more or mix some in with my face cream or foundation in the morning as well. The lightweight oil leaves my skin looking and feeling refreshed and nourished.
- 3INA lip vinyl: Once you’re all showered, scrubbed and cleansed, it is time for some finishing touches. A dash on this gorgeous lipstick/gloss combo in a brilliant nude shade is just the right touch.
- OPI nail polish: Then it’s time for the nail polish! You can’t go wrong with OPI polish – what’s your favourite shade?